Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Nano's Baptism

Last Saturday my oldest nephew, Nathanael, was baptized!!! It seems so weird that he is that old! I remember when he was born (I was 13) and how the family had to practically fight each other over who would get to hold him because he was the first grandkid and we all loved him so much. He is such a good kid and I'm proud of the decision he made to be baptized. I haven't been to a baptism for a really long time and it was cute to see how big the smile was on his face the WHOLE time and how much he trusted and looked up to his dad who was able to baptize him. After, we went to the Awerkamp house to eat dinner and chat with the family. It's amazing how your attitude switches from wanting to be with friends all the time in high school to loving every minute you get to spend with your family as you get older. I wish I could see them more often!!!! (sorry for the little tangent there) Congrats on your baptism, Nano, I love you!

2 comments:

kristi said...

You BEST be saying that!! I'm the coolest person you know. ha ha ha

Julie said...

Ya - trust me, we've always been the coolest people you know, glad you've finally acknowledged it :)