Monday, October 6, 2008

Mission Woes

Ever since high school, I have wanted to go on a mission. In fact, I was pretty determined that I was going on a mission and wouldn't get married for a while. I guess the Lord had other plans in mind for me... When I would see my guy friends leave soon after high school, I was happy for them and couldn't wait for the day when I would serve as well. Now that all the girls my age are old enough to go on a mission, I get really jealous that they get to have these wonderful experiences that I will miss out on until I'm too old to learn a new language, too weak to walk all over new cities (or countries), and lose the confidence that I can do anything. However, I am very happy for my friends who will get that chance! Two of my old roommates will be in the MTC this month and are so excited to leave! Since Mandy will be going into the MTC this Wed, we tried to get a group of friends together on Friday night to be with her one last time before she leaves. It was a BLAST to be with some of my friends again and remember the good times we have had. Even Halee came up from the Weber to be with us! We mostly just talked, but also ate a bunch of junk food and played Boxers or Briefs, which is a really fun game. I love moving on and starting new adventures but I also really miss being with my girls. Good luck Mandy, you will be an amazing missionary!

3 comments:

this is halee *as in berry* said...

Down Kel, I came DOWN from South Weber. ;) But I sure id have fun!

Holly said...

How old do you think you have to be to go on a mission, silly? I hope you're not going to be too old to walk around!

kristi said...

Well, sure hope mom didn't read this one - I don't think she's too old to be walking. I hate to say it - and Richard is a VERY lucky guy - but I always hoped you would serve (especially in POA Sul). But that's okay - the wonderful thing about missions is you can do them when you're older with a companion you will love more than anyone. That will be great. Maybe we can all serve together then. Wahoo!!