Monday, August 27, 2012

Unexpected Visitors of the Best Kind

One of the best parts about my sister living only 3 hours away from us? Last minute trips!  I literally called her Saturday night to see if we could work something out and she was here Sunday night. Love it!  Hopefully there will be many many more trips just like it.  Besides just giving each other some company and dealing with crazy kiddos we hit a few of our favorite spots:
the pet store
 the Bunny Fountains (AKA the best splash pad I've been to so far)
the waterfall
And an indoor playground on the one day the weather wasn't cooperating
I'm not going to lie, most of the time one of the kids looked like this
but overall they had a lot of cousin fun 
and most importantly Holly and I had good sister time.  The greatest surprise for me?  Madeline doesn't warm up to people very easily and for some reason she LOVED me. She would often come crying to me instead of her mom.  Love my adorable little niece!!  Now I just need to find a last minute week to drop in on them! Love having family within driving distance again- WAHOO!!!

1 comment:

Cheri said...

I am glad you are not completely isolated from your family. Three hours away isn't bad, not bad at all. Glad you were able to have a fun weekend. We all need those now and again.