Sunday, August 12, 2012

Utah: Week Three

Monday we continued the fun with Laura (and some of the other family members) by going to Trafalga in Lehi. My Mom was awesome enough to get us the Pass of all Passes for the month we were here (thanks again Mom!). Kaylee had a blast on all the rides but I think she was still tired from our busy weekend and Kenna wouldn't sleep at Trafalga so we didn't stay too long. However we did get to go on just about everything and Kaylee loved it all.
That afternoon we also had a fun mess to clean up when I tried locking Kaylee in her room in an attempt to get her to take a nap and she paid me back by spreading her poop all over.  
That's what I get for thinking I'm in charge!
The next day we headed up to Hogle Zoo. While it definitely doesn't measure up to the Columbus Zoo we still had a blast. And at least Hogle Zoo has Kaylee's favorite animal- the giraffes, which is one of the few animals that Columbus doesn't have.  Of course. 
I also loved the new polar bear area and we got a really good show when the polar bear decided to jump in and out of the water several times right in front of us.  It was really cute.
Thursday my sister and I splurged and got pedicures. 
Then that night we headed to the beach they built in Pleasant Grove. It was so weird to be in Utah and be able to play in the sand!  
"Stick 'em up Daddy!"
The water is pretty cold but other than that we loved it. Even Kenna got to dip her toes in for a few minutes. 
Friday we made our annual trip to Liberty Park with my Grandma. They have made that such a fun park for kids and we always have to drag them away from the water.
That night it started raining and the four of us headed out to dance in the rain. I love watching the rain and playing in it with my two girls is even better. We danced,
pretended we were airplanes,
and played games like Red Light Green Light (which consists of Kaylee mostly yelling at us to stop.  Ha ha).  Little moments like these are the best part of having a family!!! 
Saturday morning we went to Bountiful so my sister-in-law could take our pictures at her uncle's incredibly nice house. I will do another post with those pictures when I get the edited ones back.
Saturday night we surprised my Dad with a cowboy themed 60th birthday party. My awesome sister came up with the idea to make a movie of us quoting 60 Dad-isms that we have heard from him over and over again throughout our life. It was really fun to make and even more fun to watch. Holly did an amazing job on her first ever video. We also had a chuck wagon dinner,
a shoot out with nerf guns
a hula hoop contest, and listened to a recording of my late Grandpa DuVall reading cowboy poetry. My sister had also decorated the basement with a jail and saloon made out of cardboard boxes, tumbleweeds, barb wire, and wanted posters with my Dad's pictures of them from all different times of his life. Every poster was different and super creative.  Why am I the only sister that didn't get those creative genes?? It was a great party and I hope my Dad had as much fun as we did.  Happy Birthday Dad!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Ha ha, love the look on your face in the shoot off with Kristi. It is classic!! I also love, love, love the picture of your dad and his cute little horse and sagebrush.