Friday, August 24, 2012

Overtaken

When we moved in, our back patio was full of weeds and I figured it would probably stay that way for the duration of our stay since I am not really into gardening (or bugs) and know nothing about flowers, plants, weeds, gardens, etc. But that was when our weeds were still relatively small.  I actually screamed (maybe shrieked is more the right word?) when I opened my blinds the day we got home from Utah and saw how much they had grown.
I was used to our weeds being small-ish but they grew from both sides of the patio to form an actual arch of weeds! (Although the arch fell before I got a picture of it) It was a pretty scary sight so Richard and Kaylee decided to risk their lives and take on the green monster.  
After a long, hot fight, they finally came out on top.  
Look at those muscles!
And the back patio has never looked better.
Although, sadly it probably won't ever look any better than this for the reasons mentioned above :) Oh well, at least we sleep better at night knowing the green monster was put to rest!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Gah -- I hate weeds. I swear it's a battle we'll never win.

I've taken to water the weeds in the hopes that it will loosen the ground and I can pull them more easily, but then I forget or get lazy and I've literally just watered my weeds.

Mary said...

I can't believe how huge those weeds got. They must have loved the rain and the hot sun while you were enjoying Utah.

Cheri said...

Kaylee is a brave cookie not being scared of a big green monster.

Julie said...

Awww, come on Kel, stick a few petunias in there for heaven sake. How can my sister prefer a big dirt slab to beautiful flowers???? :-)

Julie said...

Although, I must say that weed is pretty impressive. . .