Friday, August 17, 2012

Utah: Week Four (and 1/2)

Alright-hopefully this is my last super long (boring) post for a while :) Our last week in Utah we tried to cram in everything we could and see everyone one last time. Monday we had lunch with a friend and dinner/ FHE with some other friends. Tuesday we went to Seven Peaks with my sister and her family, where I just realized I did not take ONE picture.  It was a blast though- I haven't been on any water slides in a long time because we usually just have to hang out at the kiddie pool.  Wednesday we headed up to Provo so we could hike Bridal Veil Falls with Richard's mom. It is so beautiful up there! 
The water was FREEZING cold but Kaylee didn't seem to mind and wanted to just wade in the water all day long. After we forced her to get out, we headed to American Fork to go to a splash pad with my sister's family. 
Thursday we went to the Aquarium in Sandy.  
Kaylee loves fish but I wasn't a huge fan of the Aquarium.  I think once you've watched one thing swimming around, everything else is pretty much the same thing!  I'd rather head to the zoo but Kaylee had a blast so that's all that matters.  That night we had girls night out and went to dinner at Zupa's, played a few games, and put together a fun package to mail to my only sister who couldn't be there.  Unfortunately that night I got sick for the second time on this trip and this time I was throwing up half the night. Not a fun way to spend your vacation!  So once again I was down all day Friday but Richard was able to go down to Provo to watch a baseball game and have boys night with his brothers. He stayed the night and then I met him in Provo the next day to spend one more day with his family.  We got ice cream (well, they did. I was still super queasy) with his Dad and fed the duckies. 
And then that night we had a big family BBQ. The next Monday I was STILL not feeling super great (and McKenna didn't sleep much) so I stayed home while Richard took Kaylee to the Tracy Aviary to meet some of his family there. 
That night we went to The Dark Knight Rises with my brother, brother-in-law and brother's brother-in-law.  Ha ha ha.  It was pretty fun to go to a guy movie with a bunch of guys! And the movie was AMAZING so that helped. Tuesday we planned to have a picnic in the park with my sister but we got rained out so instead we had a picnic in the garage while the kids played in the rain. Tuesday night we had a final BBQ with my family. We made pioneer butter in honor of the 24th, ate some delicious food, and said goodbye to everyone.  
Wednesday morning we headed back to Ohio after a very fun, exhausting month.  
It was very bittersweet to leave.  I was really excited to get back home and get back into our routine but it was so fun to be with family and always have something fun to do and someone to do it with!  We will never have another break that long so we definitely took advantage of our time off and did just about everything we wanted to do in Utah.  Thanks for making our trip so fun everyone!

No comments: