Saturday, September 1, 2012

Christmas Came Early

Oh my goodness I am so excited I can hardly contain myself. This is like Christmas, my birthday, and Easter all rolled up into one.  Why am I so excited you might ask?  Because I got my Christmas present early this year:
And I could not be more thrilled!  We have come across a few cheap pianos for sale in the past and I have always been so tempted to buy them but for one reason or another the timing and/or price was just not right. But this time our neighbor was desperate to get it out of her house and sold it to us for practically nothing!  For about a week after we moved it into our house, I got a big smile on my face every time I walked into the room. We have had a keyboard almost the whole time we have been married but nothing beats a real piano! I have been able to play it almost every single day and it just feels SO. DARN. GOOD!  I never thought I would love playing the piano as much as I do but it is a wonderful thing. And hopefully that will be passed onto my two adorable daughters who love to bang on it as much as I do (yup, the way we play sounds about the same. Ha ha). McKenna especially has loved it and for the first little while would just giggle uncontrollably while she played. 
We can even play duets together!
Love love love my new present!!  Christmas will pale in comparison to this :)

5 comments:

Holly said...

Nope, my jealousy has not subsided in the least since I first heard the news... Ha ha. So happy for you guys!

Mary said...

I am jealous that I don't get to hear you or your sisters playing every Sunday. I miss that so much. That was my favorite part of the week. I am expecting a concert when I come in October:)!!

Cheri said...

Keep up the practicing and the love of the piano will come automatically for your little ones. Congrats on the wonderful gift.

Julie said...

Do you realize you are the first of the girls in the family to get a piano? :-) Happy practicing!

Greta Henricksen said...

So very cool. The only downside, you cannot unplug it ! :)