Saturday, January 14, 2012

Initiation

I feel like Richard and I were officially initiated into the parent's club this week.  You'd think after almost two years of being parents we would already be there, but now there is no question. We've been SO lucky with Kaylee.  She's had a lot of colds and ear infections but has never really been super sick. She's never thrown up or had diarrhea before and this week we had both. So why do I say we were officially initiated?  Because of this:
Both Richard and I were thrown up on, although I only got some on my pants while Richard took the full brunt of it all down his shirt... It was a "fun" couple of days, especially when I caught this stomach bug as well and poor Richard had to take care of the whole household. 
On the other hand, we had Richard's mom come and visit us this past week and it was really fun to have her here. Unfortunately for her, we didn't go do anything fun because Kaylee got sick but I definitely wouldn't have survived without her here to be with McKenna while I took care of Kaylee.  And of course Kaylee and McKenna couldn't get enough Grandma time. We miss her already!

4 comments:

Holly said...

That stinks that you had a visitor while you had the stomach flu! Ugh - terrible timing. I am sorry you got it too. Stomach bug is never fun.

Julie said...

Sorry to say, that will not be the last time, but I'm glad you got to put that fun kind of thing off for so long! Here's hoping to another 2 years of health.

Mary said...

The look on Richard's face is classic. It totally describes how he felt about the whole incident. I am really sorry that Kaylee was nice enough to share it with you. Hopefully Richard and his mom and McKenna won't get it next. I hope all of you are feeling better by now.

kristi said...

Wow - Richard really should wear a bib more often. Kaylee probably should share....