Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Quick Update

Since it's been a few days since I've written and a lot of things have happened, I thought I would just do a quick recap of what's been going on.

Last Thursday was the year anniversary of the 1st date for Richard and I. We decided to recreate what we did on our 1st date so we went to Kneader's and got yummy sandwiches to take to the park for a picnic and walked around the park and played frisbee for a little while. It was so much fun to talk about what we were thinking on the 1st date and the fun we had when we first started dating. This was also the park he proposed in so I have a lot of good memories there.

Saturday we got up early and I gave Richard a haircut (which was my 2nd time ever cutting hair). As I tried to blend in the back my hand slipped and his hair ended up a little higher up than I planned to make it in the back :) But by some miracle the rest of it turned out pretty good. We picked up our wedding book from the photographer and were very pleased with the results. If you want to go check it out, go to http://mardelphotography,com and click on view my photos here and then type in kelliandrichard as the password. The first 20 or so pages are from our book. In the afternoon we took my Grandma on a "date" to finish up her Christmas present. (All of my sibs took a different month out of the year and took her out to spend some one-on-one time with her). We had a great time eating at Applebee's, playing games, and getting caught up on each other's lives. That night, we went with Kristi, Tony, and Logan to watch the fireworks for Taylorsville Dayzz. I'm very impressed with my little city, the finale especially was great!


Sunday was our monthly FHE with the fam. I was in charge of treats and decided to kill two birds with one stone and make the last two things I had been assigned for my cooking class, which were caramels and apple pie. I was too scared to make the crust so I bought a frozen crust and made the rest. The caramels turned out very well but I'm not so sure about the pies. Just know I don't plan on making pies very often in my lifetime!!! Cooking is definitely not for me. Grandma gave a good lesson that fit right in for the 4th of July coming up this weekend and then we stayed after and played soccer in the backyard, which of course made me extremely happy.

After getting back to Provo on Sunday night, we went over to Richard's brothers house to pick up our wedding video. He did SUCH a great job and it was a lot of fun to watch. I guess it's a good thing to have around too, because I wasn't in a great mood on Monday night but I watched our video and it put a smile on my face again.

Monday we went to Ruby River (my favorite restaurant) to get a free dinner. The only catch was that we had to listen to a two hour presentation about fire safety. While the information and dinner were both very good, it went on way too long. Especially because over the phone they promised Richard it would be a very brief presentation (although I knew that wasn't going to be true. Somehow Richard always talks me into going to these things with him!) It wasn't really worth it to me for a free dinner but the food was good and at least it got us out of the house!

The only exciting thing that really happened yesterday was that Richard's intramural softball game was cancelled so we decided to go to the park to play soccer. One great thing about our house is that we only have to walk 5 mins to be in the park, so it's been a good motivation to get out and moving. We didn't stay long but I think I could play soccer forever. I miss it so much!

So, that's my life right now in a nutshell and I'm sure I'll have a lot more to report after another busy weekend coming up. I can't wait for the 4th of July!!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Your pies were excellent Kel! I don't usually like Apple Pie, but it was great.

kristi said...

The pie was FANTASTIC!! Stop fishing and realize it was good!! HA HA!! Second - you and Richard sure are weird about going to all those long boring presentations. But glad you get free stuff... whatever it takes, right?????

Kelli said...

I'm not fishing! I actually didn't even try the pie... I just knew it was burned! Ha ha. And please rephrase that to say RICHARD is weird about all the long boring presentations. I just get dragged along!

Holly said...

So, you've been to more than one boring presentation? So crazy. I guess it gives you something to do!

The pie was great and Chase was madly in love with your caramels.

You guys have been dating a year now? It doesn't seem that long. I am impressed you remembered the date. I would have no clue!

Richard is so brave to let you cut his hair!!