Thursday, July 17, 2008

Mini Triumph

Yesterday was a slight accomplishment for me, who is so out of shape. I went running for the second time in three days! Now to some this might seem like it's nothing, or to some it might seem like a lot, but for where I am right now it's a good thing. Around this time last year I would have been running in a bunch of 5 and 10k's with my roommate but ever since I got engaged to Richard, I've fallen out of the habit that I love. Since Richard has been so busy with homework lately, I've been able to go running more frequently and remembering how much I love the feeling of being in shape and running all over Provo. Yesterday I ran up into the mountains to my favorite lookout point. The sun was still setting but the city lights were all on and it was a breathtaking view. The house behind me had a mini waterfall so I could hear rushing water and I just sat up there forever, enjoying the view. To complete this perfect picture, a deer wandered out into the grass in front of me. I scared the poor thing to death when it saw me, but it was fun to watch it for a little bit and enjoy being outside. What a nice break from being stuck in an office 5 days a week!

3 comments:

kristi said...

WAHOO!!! Congrats to you, Kel. Keep it up!!!

Mary said...

I wish I loved to run like you do. What a great thing. You painted a perfect picture of your experience. Thanks for sharing.

Stef said...

Enjoy that freedom while you can! I have been trying to go running too, but with two kids, a stroller, snacks, and water bottles, a 3 mile run is like an all evening adventure!