Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Ignorant People


Working in a customer service position has made me realize that there are so many people out there who have no idea how to deal with people! At work, we often talk about how unfair it is that those who whine and complain and act like they are a three year old with a tantrum are those who usually get their way because nobody wants to deal with them anymore. Most of these are just incredibly childish, immature, ignorant people. Richard got a call the other day from someone who clearly had never heard any real information about our Church. This man had sent repeated emails to the instructor of his son's independent study class, and had never received an answer. Instead of putting the blame where it should be, on the neglectant teacher, this man continued to yell at Richard, calling him incompetent and just a little "peon". People are ridiculous! Richard has always been able to take those kind of calls without getting upset (which is why he is a supervisor and I never could be!), but this time the man went too far. He started insluting our religion, calling us a stupid cult and threatening Richard against brainwashing his child. He also accused the teacher of not answered his emails because she was probably out doing some "naked cult dance" or whatever it is us Mormons do for fun. I have never seen Richard so upset over a call!!! People who are ignorant need to just keep their mouth shut, especially when it is personally insulting! I was also pretty upset over this call until I told my coworkers about it and one of them lightened the situation by jokingly saying, "How do they find out about our naked cult dances anyway?!?" That definitely put me in a better mood and got my mind off the unintelligent man who insulted my husband. However, I do need to repent of my bitter feelings toward him, realizing that he has just been kept in the dark about our Church. Maybe I can find out his address and send him a pass-along card :)

1 comment:

kristi said...

Nice save at the end!! A pass along card would be great. but I have to say - the naked cult dancing thing was hilarious!!!