Friday, June 27, 2008

Jordin Sparks


Getting excited for the concert

On Wed night, Richard and I went to the Scera Shell in Orem to see Jordin Sparks in concert. Although I don't know a lot of her songs, Richard knew how much I liked American Idol so he got the tickets for my birthday. The opening act was pretty lame, it was a band called 4real from the show Create Your Group and it's basically just 4 young girls from Utah who have too much attitude for their own good. However, Jordin was exactly the opposite. She was so cute and down to earth and a lot of fun to watch. In the middle of her song "Tattoo", she stopped the band (who looked very confused) and said, "I've never done this before... but does anyone think they can sing this song with me?" She pulled a girl up from the audience and let her sing the song, only coming in when the girl told her to. How cool is that?! The whole time she looked like she was having a lot of fun and had tons of energy. Even though she did very well the whole time, my favorite part was when she sang "Fallen" by Alicia Keys. She sounded amazing and I actually thought she sounded better than Alicia! After the concert, Richard and I decided it would be fun to stick around and see if we could see Jordin (I know, pretty pathetic, right? Especially since we were surrounded by teenage girls!) She hurried and got into her car and we were disappointed that she wasn't going to wave or anything to the crowd. However, she popped out of the top of the car and started snapping pics of the crowd with her own camera. Who would have thought a celebrity would be the one taking pictures of those crowding around her car?! She was so nice and friendly and I'm really glad we got to go!


Here are all the crazy fans waiting for her outside her dressing room




This picture would have been perfect if it wasn't blurry!

4 comments:

Mary said...

Sounds like you had so much fun at the concert. What a fun and thoughtful gift Richard gave you. You just hope Jordin's cute personalidad remains even after her fame sets in. Glad it was fun!!

Holly said...

Ha ha, you're a celebrity stalker :-). Glad you had fun at the concert. I'll have to see if I can find it on YouTube.

kristi said...

I'm glad you had fun. And I'm glad she's so down to earth. Hopefully she stays that way. Did she sing No Air?

Kelli said...

Yup! In fact, everyone went CRAZY on that song. And she said it has done better than any other AI single! I couldn't believe it had done better than Carrie or Kelly. BUT she also had Chris Brown helping her out...