Thursday, April 24, 2008

BYU Continuing Education

The place where I work goes through random spurts of being crazy busy, where we can't even keep on top of all the work we have, to longs periods of having absolutely nothing to do. As you can probably guess, we're in a slow stage and probably will be for most of the summer. However, I'm going to be working full-time here the entire summer and don't know if I can handle sitting in front of a computer with nothing to do for 8 hours. Any suggestions on how to make work a little more interesting!?

4 comments:

this is halee *as in berry* said...

I get bored at work....a lot. But you already know that. Here's what I do most days when I get bored...yesterday was an exception. ;)

1. Blog surf. You can do this for hours if you want.
2. Wikipedia. I realize, as Michael Scott has told us, that everyone can contribute to this site, but most of it seems accurate. I look up random things. Hippo's can be vastly interesting. Usually I research people like Julie Andrews or Hitler.
3. IMDB! I've been surfing it for the past hour and a half. You should see all the movies on my 'must see' list.
4. Facebook...blah...but what can you do.
5. bored.com. It will save your life some days.
6. Follow this link. It's a site with word games on it. They're not mindless either. You learn a ton from crosswords and spelling games AND you can trade points in for prizes...prizes like SKY MILES.
http://club.live.com/sign_in.aspx?msgId=67

That should get you started for now. Let me know if you still get bored after that...believe me, I've got more. :)

Holly said...

Can you bring a book to read? I also watch a lot of online shows and movies.

Stef said...

I was watching Enchanted with Makaylee the other day, and I realized the princess (Amy something or other) looks JUST LIKE YOU! Seriously! Has anyone ever told you that?

Julie said...

Cute new look on the blog Kel!