Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Wedding Day

Beautiful temple with brand-new husband and wife!
Sick of pictures yet?
My cute lil nephew, Logan


Well, if you can believe it, I am finally a married woman. I officially became Kelli Henricksen on May 10, 2008 in the Jordan River temple. The sealing ceremony was incredible and the Spirit was so strong. It was so wonderful to have my whole family there (except my dad who we missed very much!) and a lot of Richard's friends and family. The long day I was expecting actually FLEW by and we were off to enjoy our honeymoon before I knew it. Richard's parents took care of the luncheon and it turned out great. I debated whether or not I wanted to get up and say something since I felt so dumb in front of everyone. I finally decided that I really needed to and got up and mumbled my way through something pretty pitiful and then turned the time over to Richard. He was so sweet and talked about our first date and even got choked up a bit when he talked about how much he loved me and how special I am to him. I wish I would have been able to express my love to him in the same way but I never seem to be able to find the words. The reception flew by even though we stood in line for a little over two hours without a break. Other than my feet being a little tired, I was amazed at how energetic I still felt by the end. The cake cutting was pretty awkward for us and nobody told us what to do so we didn't have plates or any idea what layer to cut into, etc. Richard was the perfect gentleman and fed it to me without covering my face in it, but I couldn't resist putting a little bit on his nose. Too bad I can't show the same respect for him that he shows me :) Not many people were left and those who were weren't paying much attention but a few of my high school friends gathered around to catch the bouquet anyway. After that, we were whisked off to the Hilton to stay for the night before jetting off to beautiful Hawaii! (Further posts to come on how amazing Hawaii was!) The day was absolutely perfect and I was so happy. I couldn't ask for a better husband and am so grateful that he picked me to spend eternity with!


6 comments:

kristi said...

Yeah so NEVER again will I give Richard crap because we want him to treat you with respect. After YOUR little escapade with the cake.... crazy little Reeps.

Julie said...

I finally got to see your pictures Kel and they are so great! What a great looking couple you two are!

this is halee *as in berry* said...

You look stunning and Richard cleans up nice. :) hahaha just jokes just jokes. Wish I could have been there. Sounds like it was a great day. I told Cy you were married now and he said, "Kelli got married for my birthday?" (My mom told him we were going to Disneyland for his birthday to avoid having a birthday part right after our vacation so he thought everything that week was for him. Silly boy.)

kristi said...

Oh, and welcome back to the blogging world.

Stef said...

Congratulations! You looked beautiful and it was a beautiful day!

Whitney@SomethingBroughtYouHere said...

You look gorgeous and happy! Wish I could have made it to your wedding!