Friday, April 11, 2008

I am my mother's daughter


As much as I don't like to admit it, I am pretty OCD about certain things. I never noticed how bad I was until I moved in with 5 other girls that I drive nuts by my weird habits. For example:

1- I am obsessed about a clean pillow. I hate other people touching it, laying on it, or even taking it other places other than at the head of my bed. I have an anxiety attack every time someone's foot touches my pillow and I have 3 different pillow cases that I rotate through in about a 2 week period because I always think my pillow is dirty

2- Once I move in to a place and get the kitchen set up, I don't like to move things around within the cupboards. One they are there, that is where they always go. Even when the bowls are on the other side of the cupboard, I have to slide them over to make them go where they belong. It's weird, I know

3- I have to have the kitchen area clean before I go to bed. Even if my bedroom is a complete mess, it's only the kitchen that really bothers me. I will stay up late to get the dishes done, wipe off the counters, and even take out the trash if that is what it takes

4- All the movies have to be straight in the entertainment center. If any of them are crooked or if a tall Disney cover is stuck in the middle of two normal-sized DVDs, I have to get up to fix it. I also like to have them alphabetized, but I won't freak out quite as much if they're not.

5- My email inboxes always have be cleaned out. I either delete thing immediately after responding to them or I sort them into their own little folders. I hate opening my email to see 100s of old emails that I will probably never look at again.

6- And finally, the clothes in my closet are all arranged according to color and size (meaning all the long-sleeve shirts are separate from the short-sleeve ones which are separate from my dresses, etc.) It makes getting dressed in the morning so much easier!

These are just a few examples of how crazy I am, but I am sure there are many others. No one will ever doubt whose daughter I am!!! :)

7 comments:

this is halee *as in berry* said...

My mommy always says: "Mirror mirror on the wall, I am my mother after all."

I wrote it wrong the first time so I deleted it. I had to say it the other day...it freaked me out, but I think it's a good thing :).

Scott DuVall said...

The other day Clark came up to the U to meet with me and said - I can't believe how young the kids on campus keep getting!

Maybe that is the problem. You are dealing with children. Anyway, it is good practice for when you have them! I personally think that a clean person is the best room mate. I would hate to be the room mate that had to be talked to constantly because they were a slob, kept putting their gross feet on my pillow, etc. I'm proud to say that my sister is the room mate that dirty people can't stand!

kristi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kristi said...

Wo.

kristi said...

You're really weird. (Name that movie.) Even though you really are and I'm not just asking for the movie quote!! :)

Unknown said...

Kelli, you would LOVE to hang out in my linen closet! My towels have to be folded seam-side in, fourths, then thirds so they fit perfectly on the shelf. Poor steve won't even attempt to fold them any more because he knows I will just re-do it anyway. And, next time I vaccuum I just might call you over to admire my perfectly proportioned triangles. We could really get along...

Holly said...

I can't believe you alphabetize your movies when you always gave Mom such a hard time about it!