Sunday, April 13, 2008

1st Bridal Shower

My roommates threw me a big bridal shower/ bday bash yesterday which was the 1st bridal shower I've had. Even though it was kinda last minute and not many people could come, we had a blast. There were the typical practical gifts, slightly risque gifts, and those few that you will never use or like but are funny anyway, like the enormous granny panties my roommates got me that could probably fit over my entire body. First we ate delicious food and then opened all my wonderful presents. Next, they quizzed me on my Richard knowledge. Every time I missed a question, I would have to put 2 sticks of gum in my mouth. Lucky for me, I got almost all of the answers right but it frustrated my roomies so on the last question, I was informed I would be eating 5 pieces of gum if I got it wrong. Then I was asked what Richard's baseball glove size is. I don't even know how gloves are measured!!! All in all, I ended up having 9 pieces of gum in my mouth but it was very unfair that I had that many!!! They also wrote wedding advice on a T-shirt to give to me, hit a pinata for my Cinco de May bday, made me do martinelli shots (since I'll be turning 21), and made me a wedding dress out of toliet paper. I wore a pink crown the whole time (my roomies keep trying to convince me I look good in pink even though I'll never wear it) and a sash that says Ms. Off the Market. It was a very fun shower!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Wow - an all in one party - looks like lots of fun.

this is halee *as in berry* said...

Good thing we followed the 'no handball' rule. (see pinata picture)

Holly said...

Your roomies made me panic that I forgot your birthday. Luckily they just celebrated early! Sounds like it was a really fun party.

kristi said...

Glad it all worked out!