Sunday, November 30, 2008

Today I am Thankful

Since we had Thanksgiving this last week, I have been trying to focus on things that I am the most grateful for. Today I am especially thankful for one sister who was so kind to Richard and I this last week. Wednesday night we were out running errands and when we returned we saw two big boxes in front of our door. I read the note that was attached to it and immediately teared up as I saw that these two boxes packed with food (as well as a cute Nativity set) was from my sweet sister. She has definitely always taken care of me (as well as my other siblings) but this was especially touching to me as I have been worried about food storage and spending a lot of money on food. She said part of why she gave all of this to me was to repay me for something I had done a long time ago that at the time seemed very simple but she has never forgotten about it. She is such a great example and Richard and I vowed to try to become more like her and never forget the kind acts people do for us. We are so thankful for a thoughtful, loving sister who gave us more for the holidays than just needed food. Thank you so much for thinking of us, we love you!

5 comments:

Holly said...

Awww, Julie is the best sister ever. How awesome.

Glad your rolls turned out! Way to go!

kristi said...

You're welcome!! ha ha - just jokin'... nope, that kindness wasn't from me. Ju - thanks for making us all look bad :) - but thanks for being the greatest example ever!!!! Sisters, sisters, never had a somethin' somethin' sisters....

Julie said...

Awww . . . now you're going to make ME cry. What goes around comes around Kel! (Even if it does take 6 years . . . :))

Mary said...

I remember that wonderful, simple, but very thoughtful gift. What incredible children I have. I am so proud of all of you.

this is halee *as in berry* said...

I just love sisters, especially every single one of mine. :) Yay sisters! Whoopa!