Friday, November 28, 2008

Homemade Rolls

Believe it or not, I am not a great cook, although Richard would kindly disagree. I am slowly learning and getting better but I think Richard's family has this false notion that I can cook really well because they include me in all of the food assignments along with everyone else. Richard says they must assume I can cook because he keeps gaining weight :) While I'm grateful they think I can handle myself in the kitchen, I feel bad for them when I show up with food that is mediocre. My assignment for Thanksgiving was rolls. A few weeks ago we had an Enrichment where we learned to make our own Thanksgiving dinner and were given a recipe for some fantastic homemade rolls. I decided I would be brave and try them out for Thanksgiving and they turned out GREAT! They definitely didn't look perfect but they were so delicious I ate 7 of them! (Don't worry, they were small) Every time I cook something that tastes really well , it gives me the confidence to try something else. One baby step at a time! I was very proud of myself that I had made something well that I was afraid to try. Who knows what I'll try next?!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Wow, I am very impressed. I don't even know how to make rolls. I always left that to Greatma. Now I depend on Julie to bring the rolls. How wonderful that you are enjoying your cooking adventures.

Julie said...

Yeah - I'm glad they turned out great. Martha Stewart . . . watch out!

kristi said...

I STILL think you are very brave to try a new recipe you haven't done personally before.. I wouldn't have had the guts... but now that I know they are so fantastic - SHARE THE RECIPE - so that I can eat 7 too!! :)