Tuesday, November 18, 2008

SHOES!!

As all of you know, I have never really been into fashion. Usually it takes me a long time to warm up to a trend and then by the time I get into it, it's over with and a new trend has taken over. I have fought against the whole tuck your pants into your boots trend for a long time because I didn't like it. But after 3 1/2 years of trekking across campus in the snow and getting my pants soaking wet, I was ready to get some boots whether I like it or not. We took a bunch of full-body pictures but I didn't like any of them :) So this is all you get of my new boots:

The boots fit me, but I'm still not sure I fit the boots. But I know I will love them when it actually starts to snow!

I also needed new black Sunday shoes. Being the sensible person I am, I was hoping to find some semi-practical ones that were still cute so I could have them for a long time and be able to chase around my kids in them. I've never loved practical shoes though and so when I saw these I couldn't resist:


The picture is bad and you can't really tell, but they're kind of tall and not very practical. They are pinstriped and have a little buckle across the front. But I couldn't help myself! I love them and am really excited about them! REALLY excited! I guess my kids will have to be slower or I'll just always send Richard after them at church :)

8 comments:

Holly said...

Ha ha - those pictures are hilarious. Love the cute shoes. I agree about the boots thing. I hated it until last year and now I think it's really cute. I feel too stupid to buy any, though. Ha! I guess it's perfect timing that I don't need them anymore :-)

Phannie said...

You know, by the time you have kids you should be well skilled in the art of running in your beautiful shoes. I have seen plenty of mothers do it. I am sure you will be just like them.

kristi said...

AWESOME Reeps. Those shoes look GREAT. I wish I could pull the black shoes off - they are SUPER cute. Can't say I'm a big fan of the tucked in look either, but you DEFINITELY suit the boots. Nice picks!

this is halee *as in berry* said...

Ah! Finally! Kel seriously, you can pull off those boots. I'm pretty sure you could pull off anything. And I love those shoes! Have you not watched Get Smart? Anne Hathaway runs in heels the entire movie. I know that's true because I'm a dork and I watch all the movie extras. There was an interview with her and she said so herself. It can be done!

Jeni said...

Both pair are very cute. Besides, you can be practical when you have kids - get crazy while you have the chance!

Jeni said...

Both pair are very cute. Besides, you can be practical when you have kids - get crazy while you have the chance!

jkimball said...

I love them! Believe me, once you have kids you will be glad to have something cute. Every now and then you need to remember you are more than just a Mom.

Mary said...

Hey Kel, you would fit right into Spain. Everyone here wears their pants tucked into their boots. If you don't, you are definitely out of style!!!