Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Prop 8


This year I waited too long to register and missed my chance to vote. Because the Brethern have specifically asked us to vote and show our support of the government, I felt pretty guilty about not voting. But Provo had a huge Yes on Prop 8 campaign going and I figured that if I helped with that, I would at least be doing SOME good for the government and following the advice that the Prophet has given us. So for FHE on Monday night, Richard and I headed over to the call center to try and sway some people to preserve the sanctity of marriage. I was sad when we found out we couldn't call because we weren't from California but we were able to help in other ways. It was really fun to see how many people came to show their support and try their best to convince others of the true definition of marriage. It felt really good to get involved and hopefully we did some good! Something I really should do more often...

3 comments:

kristi said...

Yeah - I wish I lived in CA for this vote. But I think you did an AMAZING thing by doing your part. Thanks for your example!

Julie said...

I'm surprised they wouldn't let you call. I think they called and asked Todd if he could spend some time calling, and he's not a Californian! Maybe the rules changed later on. Good for you guys though!

Kelli said...

It wasn't necessarily wrong to call if you're not from Cali, but the Church asked us not to