Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Stardom Bound


Last week, I was walking through the mall with my roommates after a frantic search for the tiara I would need to take my bridals the next day. Two boys walked up to us and said, would you girls like to be in High School Musical 3? My first thought was, REALLY?!?!!? (My childhood dreams of being an actor begin to shine through...) However, my roommate said, ummm, NO. Sorry. My heart sank because I was too timid to admit that I really, really, wanted to find out how I could be in a movie. But, luckily, these two boys were not easily turned away and after coaxing us into writing down our names and numbers, promised that we would be getting a call. After they left, my roommate voiced what all of us were thinking, "well that's probably never going to happen". Little did I know that the very next day I would be getting a call from an agent who wanted me to come audition! We set up an appointment and she told me that I would need to bring a few pictures of myself (what, do I just keep head shots lying around the house?) and that I would come in for an interview and read a few lines just to see if I would "fit" (Fit with what, I probably won't have any lines anyway?!!) I am slightly nervous because it is completely new and unexpected (and I haven't done any acting since jr. high) but I need to get rid of this comfort zone I have settled into all too easily. Anyway, I probably won't make it and I'll have to go back to just dreaming of the days when I was going to become the most famous Mormon actor of all time and everyone would make their "R" rated movies into family-fun films because they wanted ME in their movie. But in the meantime, I still get to go to an actual talent agent and audition for a real movie coming out in the theater and I won't regret it because for the first time in a long time, I'm going to be fearless!

5 comments:

Julie said...

Umm . . . be careful about this Kel - are you sure this is legitimate? I have heard of bad things happening like this.

Julie said...

As a side note - you are NOT a Henricksen yet :)

Kelli said...

I knew I would hear something about this, I'll be a Henricksen soon!!! I didn't want to have to change it in 2 months :)

Kelli said...

And I promise I'll be careful. I'll have my roommate bring her cauterizer :)

kristi said...

This is SOOOO awesome. The fact that you are going to be famous and the fact you have a blog. Now I can read your HILARIOUS stories all day long. You always know how to make me laugh.