Friday, March 7, 2008

Date Night


Richard and I have tried to do a weekly date night since we got engaged (and even before then). Life gets so crazy most of the time that we really NEED that night, especially now when every weeknight is full of homework and every weekend is full of wedding plans. We're together a lot without really getting to enjoy the fun side of our relationship (don't get me wrong, I love spending any time with him, no matter what we're doing). Lately, both of us have been so exhausted that out date night has only consisted of a cheap dinner at a fast food restaurant followed by a movie with one or both of us nodding off sporadically. However, those are the times that get me through the rest of the week. While we're not out partying or trying new things, we get to just enjoy each other's company, especially because movie night usually ends with a deep conversation that keeps us up well past our bedtime. I'm sure when we get married we will get sick of staying in the house and will want to make date night more exciting, but for now I'm so grateful for the time that we get to spend together, even if it's just watching a movie every Thursday night.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Those are still the best date nights for us!

Holly said...

Chase and I have found that our lives haven't slowed down much since we've been married. We still love when we have nothing else to do but sit on the couch and watch a movie!

Unknown said...

Yeah, Kelli - I am so glad you have a blog now - and how adorable that you already have your new name on it!