Thursday, March 13, 2008

Movie Flop

Since I made such a big deal about trying out for a movie in a previous blog, I felt like I should give everyone some details on what really happened. First of all, if you are ever found in a mall by a talent scout wanting you to try out for a movie, know that there are a lot more steps you need to take before you will ever actually be in a movie. I felt like the whole thing was too good to be true from the beginning, but I felt very deceived when I found out I was actually not trying out for High School Musical 3, but for a talent agency who, if I paid a lot of money to, would sign me up with their agency and put me in 6 months of acting workshops at which point they could, IF I was good enough, POSSIBLY get me an audition for HSM 3. The agent we met with was a skinny guy who was VERY interesting (he's an actor, what can you expect?). The first thing he told me was that I am the perfect blonde-haired, blue-eyed, All-American girl and that I belonged on a Campbell's soup commercial. The rest of the interview he continued calling me "Campbell soup" which became slightly more irritating the more he wasted my time. He proceeded to tell us for 10 mins why it was good we wanted to act and not model because models in Utah can't get work. Then he spent 10 or 15 MORE mins telling us about every movie he's ever been in including one where he got completely into character and told us, with the creepy voice and everything, how he ran this massive drug ring. Finally he had the 2 of us tell about ourselves and why we wanted to do this. I told him that I have always loved acting and he said, GREAT! Can you cry? I was taken back and muttered something like, well probably not on command.... He told me that was fine and whipped out a scene for me to read where I was in the hospital with my dying sister telling her how much I love her. (why did I have to get the emotional scene?! I'm bad with emotion in real life, let alone trying to bring it up on command!!!) Anyway, I read it with as much emotion as I could and he told me I did a great job. (I thought he said that to just anyone, but he didn't say it to my roommate who didn't care and just wanted to get out of there so she read her part with no emotion whatsoever... which made me feel slightly good about my acting ability) All in all, it really was a waste of my time. But he did tell me that I read my part very well and that I could be a great actress AND he did tell me I had a beautiful smile and that both of us were very cute girls. Whether or not it was just a line, it actually made me feel pretty good!!!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Sorry we won't be seeing you on the big screen Kel, but you do have a great smile!!

this is halee *as in berry* said...

...your hair is blonde? what color is mine? Haha, I think this is a better story than actually being in the movie. Especially when Rach tells it because she gets so annoyed that it wasn't for the actual movie. I wonder if their even making a HSM 3....we should look into that.