Thursday, November 3, 2011

Trick or Treat!

I wasn't sure if Kaylee would grasp the concept of Halloween this year.  However, she caught on REALLY fast. It was so cute. We started off by going to all kinds of fun activities with the ward over the weekend:
Trick-or-treating in the church
Fish Pond
Cake Walk
And then finally on Monday, REAL trick-or-treating.  
She said trick or treat at every door, took just one candy, and always said thank you- even without us teaching her all that! And of course, she was the cutest little ballerina ever. 
The next day we walked daddy to the bus stop and Kaylee kept trying to go up to the doors and said "candy?" over and over again.  It was so sad trying to explain to her that it only works like that once a year.
I'm so glad Kaylee was old enough to enjoy Halloween this year! (And glad that she's still too young for a bucket full of candy. I'm sure we can find something else to do with it....)


4 comments:

Holly said...

I am super impressed with your girly costume choice :-) Love the tutu. Where is your costume?

Julie said...

Exactly what I was thinking - why didn't you post your costume?

Mary said...

I love Kaylee's pose by her crib. She looks like she is doing another ballet position. Amazing!! Even though you hated dance, maybe Kaylee is a natural. Would that kill you to have a girlie girl!!!

kristi said...

Sorry Kaylee - sorry that you had to learn that harsh reality!!! Come to my house and I'll give you candy EVERY day!!! And I'll sneak it to you since it sounds like your parents are thieves!!!!!