Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving was definitely unusual this year. First of all, it's been fairly warm here (on and off anyway) and we haven't seen a drop of snow so it doesn't even feel like Thanksgiving should be here yet!  And second of all, obviously this is our first Thanksgiving without any family. I thought I was going to have to make a Thanksgiving dinner all for the two of us and was a little stressed about it.  After all, the only thing I've ever made for a real Thanksgiving is rolls! But luckily our AMAZING neighbors rescued us and fixed everything for us! Seriously, they were so incredible- Amber told us that she didn't want me to stress about making dinner since I didn't know if/when I would be heading to the hospital so she took care of everything!! Wow we are so blessed to have nice neighbors who are looking out for us.  They set everything up so nice, definitely five steps above anything we would have been eating off of:
 And usually I am not a huge fan of Thanksgiving foods but this was one of the best Thanksgiving Day dinners I've ever had!  Everything was SO delicious we couldn't stop eating. Which is what Thanksgiving is all about, right?? We couldn't get Kaylee to eat a bite since she was having too much fun playing with this cute girl:
But she had so much fun it didn't matter. 
Thanks Amber and Tyler for making our Thanksgiving great! 
 Hope everyone else had as good of a holiday as we did. Happy Thanksgiving!!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Glad you had fun without us :( Next big event - baby!!!

Peter Harris said...

Nice beard dude. I'm jealous - Rachel won't let me get one. Tell Tyler I said hi - we used to be in the same singles ward. Glad you had a good thanksgiving!

Mary said...

I love, love, love your kind neighbors who invited you to dinner. Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We missed you guys so much and sure wish you were a little closer so you could enjoy the holidays with us.

Mary said...

Wow, after seeing her fancy setting, I am even more embarrassed that I gave in and used paper plates this year. Que verguenza!!! Glad your hostess had some class, unlike your mother!!