Sunday, October 2, 2011

Parental anecdotes

Kaylee does so many adorable things. There are a lot of good things she has learned that I absolutely love: Some of my favorites are when she does things to imitate us like patting herself on the back and saying "Are you ok?" whenever she coughs.  Or the fact that she has the best manners of any kid in the world and always remember to say thank you, excuse me, and please don't without being reminded. There are, however, a few good things that Kaylee does that I wish she had never learned :)  I can't hold them against her though- they are adorable and make me smile. 

MORE: The word more.  I didn't think I could get sick of a word, but some days I really wish I could never hear this word again. I think Kaylee says it about 50,000 times a day.  Mostly she says it over and over again if it's something we can't control; like her burping, or an airplane flying overhead, or a squirrel in our backyard.  When that thing is gone, she'll just say more, more, more over and over again.  No matter how many times we try to tell her that we can't bring it back, she insists that by saying "more" 25 times in a row, it will magically make that thing appear again!

BRUTUS:  No, she is still not over her Brutus fixation.  Every time we get in the car, she asks for Brutus, as well as at other random times in the day.  It's actually hilarious but I have no idea why she is so obsessed with him.  The other day she kept repeating mommy and daddy so I asked her, "Are those the only words you know?"  She said "No" and so I said, "Ok well what other words do you know?"  She paused for a minute and then said "Brutus".  Ha ha ha- my funny little girl! 

PLEASE DON'T:  Instead of having her say no every time something doesn't go her way, we've been trying to teach her to say "please don't" and she's done amazing at it.  However, when you're trying to tickle or play with her and she says "please don't" it sucks out all the fun!  She even says it when she has taken something from us and we are trying to get it back from her.  Ha ha. How can you keep doing something when your sweet little girl looks up and you and says "please don't"?  That's what we get for teaching her to be nice ;) 

I seriously couldn't ask for a better little girl.  She just makes life so much fun!


1 comment:

Julie said...

Awww . . . cute little Kaylee - we miss you!!