Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Stick with the good stuff


I have been told that I was a very picky eater when I was young. However, my dad always said that when I "matured" I wouldn't be so picky. When I got to college, I became more bold at trying new things and felt like I was expanding my diet to include new flavors. Then I got married. To a boy who eats EVERYTHING. I never realized I was still such a picky eater until I sat down to eat with Richard and have to put half of my dinner on his plate because I don't want to eat it. I used to tell people I liked just about everything except seafood and tomatoes. And now I have to admit that I like everything except seafood, tomatoes, pineapple, coconut, pickles, fry sauce, mushrooms, most salads (macaroni, pasta, frogeye, etc), sprouts... the list could go on and on. There are even silly things that are more specific than that, such as: I hate mustard unless it's on a hamburger or I love all kinds of nuts unless they are in brownies or ice cream. I guess I'll just have to stick to good ol' steak and chocolate to keep me alive until I find some other foods that can satisfy my taste buds!

5 comments:

this is halee *as in berry* said...

Yay chocolate steak!!! I seriously bet that would be good.

Mary said...

Unfortunately I think you got your pickiness from me and I think your dad's comments must not be true, because I have actually gotten more picky with age I think. I don't like food enough to waste good calories on something I may not really love, so I just pass on trying new things and expanding my taste buds. As far as cooking goes, however, it is a great thing to be married to a man who loves everything. It sure makes life heavenly for the cook!!!

Holly said...

How long do we have to wait until you've matured?? :-)

kristi said...

Ditto to Holly's comment... :) and I didn't know you don't like fry sauce. How un-Utahn is that???

Kelli said...

Oh trust me Hol, you'll be waiting a LONG time! :)