Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas in Indiana

Ok, I now have to eat my words a little bit. Remember my last post about Indiana where I talked about how ghetto it was and how much I didn't like the children's museum?  Well, I have to take that all back now (or maybe just some of it...) because this trip we actually saw a really nice area of Indianapolis (so I know some good parts exist) and we went back to the children's museum and had a BLAST.  Apparently last time we went to the two most boring parts :)  Needless, to say, our Christmas in Indiana was SO MUCH FUN!  We were even planning on leaving the day after Christmas but because there was a gigantic storm that day, we ended up staying for two more days of crazy fun.  (Although I think the kids had had enough of each other by that point!) .  How can you not have fun when you are surrounded by these four crazy kiddos??
Most of the festivities I did not get a picture of....but the few that I did include a nativity where Kaylee got to be Mary and was SO sweet and cute with the baby. She got very solemn when it started and seemed to take her role very seriously.  What a sweetheart!
Richard stepped in to be Joseph when the original decided at the last minute he wanted no part in the nativity.
Opening LOTS of presents, of course
Playing dress up (we need to work a little bit on her fashion sense I suppose...)
And, as I mentioned, going to the Children's Museum.   
I wish I had taken pictures of all the other fun stuff we did, like all the Christmas crafts we did, the nativity scavenger hunt we set up for the kids, or the kids decorating the Christmas tree by shoving ALL the ornaments into one tiny spot...but all I can say is that we had a great time! Thanks for letting us raid your house and eat all your food Holly and Chase!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Looks and sounds like it was tons of fun. So glad you got to spend it together even if you all shared your germs along with your fun.

Julie said...

I'm so glad you guys were able to have a fun Christmas together. We missed you!

Holly said...

Kaylee really was such a sweet Mary. We loved having you here!