Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sibling Fun

We were SO lucky to not only have one, but TWO of my siblings come visit me last week.  At the same time!  For the first (and possibly last) time there were more siblings here than in Utah.  It was a good feeling :)  And this was probably the most fun week I have had in a LONG time. Nothing beats quality time with my brother and sister! Too bad it has to end.  Scott flew in on Thursday and that night we went to German Village. 
  Can I just say that I LOVE watching Scott talk to new people?!  He is the most friendly person you will ever meet and he will talk to anyone and everyone.  Not only does he put a smile on the face of everyone he meets but they leave with a great impression of Utah and hopefully they will remember that for the future. I could go on and on about how awesome my brother is...but that's not the point of this post.  We did take him to our awesome bookstore but mostly just tried lots of German goodies, including, but not limited to, the pig's ear (these are just the English nicknames. I can't remember any of the German names...), 
 the elephant's ear
and the mountaintop, which was the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted (why didn't I take a picture of it?? I need to go back just to get evidence of this disgusting treat to make sure no one ever tries it again).  You know that smell that hits you when you walk past a nail salon in the mall?  It tasted like that.  I'm not sure if it was supposed to...maybe someone was doing their nails while baking the goodies that day?  Anyway, don't ever try it.
The next day we took Scott to the zoo.  Poor Scott had Kaylee attached to him at the hip all day and ended up carrying her everywhere. Another reason he is the best uncle ever!  
That night Holly got in and we went out to eat and then all went to Jeni's Ice Cream.  This place has all kinds of crazy ingredients in their ice cream like sweet potatoes, corn, and goat cheese. We made sure to sample all the gross sounding ones but then ordered more normal flavors to enjoy :)
The next day we saw Santa at Home Depot 
and went to an Aquarium store for a little bit.  Then while I stayed home for Madeline's nap, everyone else went to the Central Ohio Fire Museum.  The kids had a BLAST and it sounded pretty awesome but apparently it was extremely small for the price you pay.  So the adults weren't quite as happy as the kids. Kaylee got to dress up like a mini-fireman, 
slide down a pole, 
and play in the front of a real firetruck.
Kenna wasn't quite as thrilled with her fireman gear but looked just as adorable!
Scott and I walked across the street to get us some delicious Indian food for dinner and we had a surprise visit from Holly's husband, who was just passing through on his way back home from Philadelphia.  A very full and fun house!  We were very sad to see Scott go the next morning but Holly stuck around for a few more days.  Unfortunately, McKenna got pretty sick so we didn't do anything on Monday except decorate my house for Christmas and Tuesday we went back to the zoo but I forgot my camera so I have no proof of that.  Oh and we also blackmailed my nephew by getting him in one of our princess dresses.  Sad to say, he made a very beautiful princess!  I can't even tell you how much I am looking forward to showing him this picture when he's older....
It was seriously the best week and I was so sad to see all our visitors leave.  We need to make sure this happens more often!  Thanks for an amazing trip Scott and Holly!

4 comments:

Holly said...

Hey, what about saying all the good things about me like you did about Scott. I have good qualities too, you know. Right? RIGHT? Ha ha, just kidding. Loved being with you all!

Mary said...

I am so jealous that I wasn't there too - although I can't imagine where you would have slept one more body. Glad you all had such a fun time. Just think, if you all moved back to Utah we wouldn't have to miss you so much!!

Julie said...

Why don't you guys invite me next time? That looks too fun. :-)

Kelli said...

Ju- you are ALWAYS invited!!! And Hol- you have so many good qualities I just couldn't list them all :)