Thursday, December 6, 2012

Baby Girl Turns One!

I think it's great when people put so much work into their kid's birthday parties.  And it makes me pretty envious...but at the same time I've never felt the need to do that for a kid who doesn't understand what's going on.  So that combined with my laziness kept McKenna's birthday very very simple this year :)  Apart from opening her presents,
and helping Daddy put them together, 
all we did was get a GIGANTIC chocolate cake. It reminded me a little of the cake scene from Matilda.  (not that my child reminds me of that boy at all, just the enormity of the cake, ha ha). So, ok, the cake was mostly for us...but at least she enjoyed it too!  This little girl loves food so much that I thought she would be going to town on her cake.  Instead she was very careful and very deliberate in making sure that every single little tiny piece ended up in her mouth.  
We finally had to take her piece away because I didn't actually think she would eat the whole thing.  Even though it was very simple and short, we were very happy to celebrate having this amazing little girl in our lives!  She has definitely changed us for the better.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Simple is sometimes the best way to enjoy something. I seem to overdue a lot. I love the video of her trying to determine the best way to eat her cake.