Sunday, January 6, 2013

Jinxed?

(Please excuse my sentimentalism in the following post) 
I am not a very superstitious person, but I swear I am jinxed.  Because whenever I tell someone that my kids are doing really good (or sometimes really bad) at something, all of the sudden they flip and do the complete opposite. So I am sure that I will really be regretting this post because it will make my children become monsters tomorrow....but I just had to do it anyway.  You know those moms who talk about how they wish they could freeze time for every new stage their kid is in?  I've never really been one of those because I love seeing what's coming next, the new things they are learning and saying and how happy they make me.  But right now, I wish I could spend my eternity just the way it is.  My kids are both in the best stage ever right now- they are listening so good, they're both super polite, they play good together (and are starting to actually play together without me!), they both are on really good sleep schedules, Kaylee is potty trained, McKenna is no longer nursing, and both of them can make me laugh like nobody else can.  We just have SO MUCH FUN together!!!!  Tonight I watched them play and just smiled.  Don't you love those moments?  I hope by the time my kids are grown, someone invents the time machine because if I have the choice, I will come back to these last two weeks over and over and over again.  I am so lucky.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Those incredible memories of the good times are the things that gets us through the tough stages of life. So glad you are enjoying those cuties so much. I am anxious to come and visit again.

Greta Henricksen said...

I love those moments. I have the same problem. I try not to ever brag about anything good going on in my life because like you the opposite begins to happen. It is so much fun though to watch them go through the good times. :) It makes the bad times more bearable.