Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Fun at the Zoo

 
 We finally made it over to the Columbus Zoo.  It's the #1 zoo in America so it's supposed to be pretty great.  And it was!  It was enormous- we were there for a little over 2 hours and probably only saw half of the zoo.  That would normally be a very good thing, but for me who hurts a lot when I have to walk around, it was actually a bad thing.  But other than that, I didn't have anything bad to say about the zoo.  There were a bunch of animals that I had never even heard of before and just about every animal I know about as well.  My favorites are always the tigers but when we first got up to them one was lying down and the other was really far away.  I told them that they couldn't disappoint me and be lame because they are my favorites and they must have listened!  The one who had been far away came right up to the glass and paced in front of us for a good 10 mins.  
It was awesome and Kaylee kept growling when he would walk past, so she must have had something important to say to him.  

They also had a little petting zoo and Kaylee loved petting the goats.  That is, she loved it until one of the goats decided to come up and rub up against her mom, which caused her mom to give a startled scream, which caused Kaylee to be freaked out by the goats.  
 Oops!  Hopefully Kaylee will continue to be an animal lover and not end up like her mom.  

Kaylee was really cute with this baby elephant statue- she kept going up to it and saying "HUGS!" and giving it a big hug.  I guess it looked lonely or something.
As we were leaving, we ran across a bunch of ducks swarming the people who were eating.  I think chasing the ducks was probably Kaylee's favorite part of the whole zoo.  Maybe next time we'll skip the zoo and just take her to the duck pond!

6 comments:

Holly said...

Baby Bella must have looked delicious to that tiger.

Oh, and love Kaylee's skinny jeans!

Julie said...

Looks like fun! Hmmm . . . Hol, looks like it definitely give Phoenix a run for it's money!

Greta Henricksen said...

the Zoo is such a great place to enjoy nature.

kristi said...

The duck pond thing - it's just like giving a kid a huge toy and they play with the box. Darn kids!! ha ha - jk! Also - LOVE that pic of Kaylee and the baby elephant. That is SOO cute!

kristi said...

PS - can I call you "the tiger whisperer" from now on??

Mary said...

I am looking forward to going to the zoo someday when I come to visit, although I guarantee I won't be going in December. It will give me a good excuse to visit when it is warm. Cute pictures!!