Thursday, January 15, 2009

Not My Week

Yesterday I started off the day in almost the worst way possible- I got pulled over! I was on my way to work and glanced in my rearview mirror to see those dreaded flashing lights. I tried not to pray that it was on it's way to an accident but at the same time I hoped the cop had his lights on for any other reason than for giving me a ticket. But nope! It was for me.

I pulled over to the side of the road and he asked me if I knew why I had been pulled over. I said no and he said I was going 44 mph in a 30 mph zone. However, a block in front of me, I could clearly see the speed limit sign that said 45 mph! I even asked him about that and he said he didn't know where the limit changed. I was more mad at that than getting pulled over- I was being punished when he didn't even know what the speed limit was!!!! Luckily he was nice and only wrote me down for going 6 mph over the limit even though he said it was 14. I was worried about being pulled over but I was probably even more worried about being late to work on my 3rd day! Luckily my boss is super chill and when I told him I had been pulled over he said, "Cool, what'd you do?" Ha ha.


The other thing that made this week not great happened at work today. I have been working on a huge report for the past two days. After lunch today, I worked super hard to get it done and finally finished just after 5:00. I KNOW I had been saving it all day because it takes forever to save so I have to sit and wait for it.

But when I went to close the document after finishing it all, the little box popped up that said "this program is not responding". It closed after a while but when I went back in to make sure everything was ok, ALL of my work was gone!!!! It was horrible! This time my boss was a little TOO chill and just said, well you had a great day of work today so now you'll have a great day full of work tomorrow! That definitely did not lift my spirits.... At least they know I'm a hard worker because I do everything twice :)

5 comments:

Dan said...

Hmm. I'd say fight the ticket, but it seems like a lot of hassle. Traffic school doesn't raise insurance rates - I've been a few of these.

Hey, at least you're working. Right?

Unknown said...

Well, at least you didn't get a tic... oh... dang.

Well, at least your computer didn't cra... oh... dang.

Yeah... Dan's right.

Holly said...

Man,
That stinks! Sorry for the crappy day!

Kimberly said...

I had one of those days yesterday! Definitely one of the kinds that you REALLY hope NEVER happen again! ;)

kristi said...

DEFINITELY not a fun day - but at the same time, kind of funny! :) Okay, not really. Sorry you got pulled over. Those lights are NOT happy lights. And sorry about the computer. Did you get that fixed?