Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I've Graduated?!

I guess it's official- I am now a college graduate! It still sounds weird to me- it really hasn't hit me yet but even still, I have so many conflicting emotions about it I don't know where to start! I'm SO very happy that I will no longer have to stress over 3 tests in one week or come home at the end of a long day just to start on a big pile of homework. Although I will miss going to class, I'm pretty excited to be done with school! On the other hand, I'm very sad that I will never walk around BYU campus the same way again. I'll never again be in the college student category and am automatically booted into the "real world" which is pretty scary in itself. Today is also my last day at my campus job and it has been a GREAT job while I've been at college but I'm ready to move on. Unfortunately I don't know what I'm moving on to and so I'm terrified. I'm also sad because I know that I will briefly keep in touch with my old roommates and friends but that it will never be the same again because I have officially moved on to another stage. I'm glad that Richard is done and that we graduated at the same time but I'm sad that he has another 6 years left! I'm happy to be starting new adventures but frustrated that I can't see what is in store. This probably doesn't make any sense, but I guess more than anything I needed to TRY (try being the key word here) to put down some of all the crazy emotions that are going on inside of me. What's a girl to think?! Are you sure this indecisive girl really graduated from college?!?

3 comments:

Julie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! It's finally official - let me know what the job situation is!

kristi said...

AWESOME!!! That is really cool! CONGRATS College Grad!! I had those same emotions. I was SO glad to be done - and to be finished trying to fulfill all the requirements and deal with school "politics" - but at the same time, I was very sad I wasn't going to be a student anymore.

Stef said...

Congratulations! That's an awesome accomplishment! (I still kind of miss college to tell you the truth.) But I hope that you find a good job really soon!