Wednesday, December 17, 2008

First Interview

My first interview has come at the perfect time. Monday I went to look into a job at NuSkin that I heard had opened up only to be told that they had just filled it. For some reason, as I walked out of that enormous building, it really hit me that next week, Richard and I both won't have jobs!!! At the EXACT moment I started freaking out and was about near tears, a miracle occurred. My phone rang! The lady on the other end asked me if I was still interested in the receptionist job I had sent in an application for a few weeks earlier. We set up an interview for today (Wednesday) and I was ecstatic! I know that it was a huge blessing from my Heavenly Father to have her call right then as I was having a minor meltdown. The funny part is that, at the time, I had NO idea what company it was for. The website where I found their listing did not list a company name like the others did. I kept joking that it was probably for a sewage company or something and that's why they didn't want to list their name. Richard and I drove to the building last night to see if we could figure out what company it was for (which is SO close to our house that I could even walk there if I needed to!). The building has many different offices in it and since I had left the paper at home with the address, I couldn't remember if it was Suite 102 or 201. We looked up both of them and saw that 102 was for University Properties but my heart immediately sank when I saw that 201 was Pointe Pest Control! I had myself convinced that I would end up working for a Pest Control company until we got home and I saw that my interview was for Suite 102!! I could not have been happier!!! I drove Richard nuts as I said over and over again, I don't have to work for Pest Control! I don't have to work for Pest Control!!! My interview is at 1:00 today so wish me luck!!!

5 comments:

jkimball said...

I hope it went well. It is hard but the Lord always pushes us the very edge of the cliff and then says "Jump." It is only then that we can appreciate the blessings He has waiting to give.

kristi said...

HA HA HA HA HA - that is REALLY funny. Too bad it wasn't the pest control. You probably would've been able to have your house sprayed for free!! :) GOOD LUCK on finding a job. The right one will fall into your lap!

Julie said...

So how did it go? I was laughing about pest control too . . .

Jeni said...

You are a good story teller - I was totally rooting for #102 :-) How did it go?

Stef said...

I hope it went well!