Monday, December 22, 2008

OUCH!!!

Sunday night, after coming home from a family dinner, I was unlocking the front door of our house when all of the sudden I heard a scream of pain and turned around to see Richard crouching on the floor holding his head (I don't know how else to describe it but I have to defend him and tell you that he wasn't being a baby, he took it in a very manly way) :). I had NO idea what happened but hurried and got him into the house and on the couch. Come to find out, he hit his head on the jagged cement overhang that is above the steps leading down to our door (we live in the basement of a house). I had no doubt that his head would be hurting pretty bad but as I checked to see if I could find any bumps or scrapes, I came across this:
Poor kid was bleeding a bunch even though it's not a very deep cut. I looked harder and also found another scrape on the other side of his head that wasn't as big:

I don't know how well you can see it but it's amazing he didn't have a concussion!!! He whacked it pretty good but luckily he's ok even though he did have a big headache last night!

3 comments:

kristi said...

HOLY COW! That looks like it really hurts. Hope he's okay. Have you tested to make sure he still knows your name, birthdate, anniversary date and ABC's?? Important stuff to remember!!!

Julie said...

OUCH! Poor guy! Lucky him he had such a nice sympathetic wife to patch him up :)

Holly said...

Ouch! I'll be he'll never do that again! He'll probably curse the steps every time he walks past :-)