Sunday, August 19, 2018

October 2017

We decided to put our Buckeyes to good use and make a necklace for every person in my family. We put them together during General Conference and will send them home with Mom. They turned out pretty awesome! 
It was a little chilly Conference weekend but we were going a little crazy by Sunday afternoon so we took the girls to their favorite place by the river to throw rocks and get a little energy out. 
I have loved walking to pick the girls up from school every day. One day Brooklyn wouldn't let go of Kenna and she kept saying, "You're my best friend Kenna, huh?"  It was so sweet and melted my heart!
I've been trying to figure out ways to incorporate more healthy foods into our meals and decided I would try Deceptively Delicious. There weren't a ton of recipes I loved from that book but I took the idea and have been adding purees into recipes that I make all the time.  It actually has worked great and most of the time you can't even taste the difference.  It was a TON of work to get all the purees done on one day, I might have to spread it out a little more but hopefully I can keep it up! 
Horizon has a great program called Watchdogs, where they try to get the dads more involved with volunteering.  Richard took a day off work and spent the whole day in Kaylee's classroom helping out the teacher and playing with the kids at recess.  I think he really enjoyed getting involved like that and Kaylee of course loved having him there!
We had our ward Halloween party earlier in the month because of a scheduling issue. I wanted to dress up but Richard is kind of anti-costume so I searched for easy ideas I could just throw together without buying anything.  I ended up going as an "identify thief" and dressed like a robber and put a bunch of different names on the "Hello, My Name Is" stickers and put them all over my shirt. I thought it was a pretty good gift but nobody seemed to get it... ha ha.  
The fall is usually pretty amazing here but we had one day in particular that just seemed absolutely perfect to me. I invited Kelsey to go to the park with me and we were there for hours because I didn't want to go inside! It was such a fantastic day, I wish the weather could always be like this!  
I completely forgot to take any pictures on Halloween except one of Kenna when we got back to the house. We went around the neighborhood with Kelsey and it was a lot of fun but it started getting cold and Kenna was tired so I came home with her and Richard stayed out with Kaylee and Brooklyn a little longer. This neighborhood seems to get really into it and everyone was out on their driveways talking and lots of people gave out cotton candy and other big things.  It was a great Halloween!

No comments: