Sunday, August 19, 2018

August 2017

We have loved our new little house! Even though we have three kids and have been married for 9 years, it feels like we are finally "grown ups" now with a yard to maintain, and buying things like a lawnmower and a ladder.  Strange feeling but there are some exciting things that come with it too! Richard finally found a car that he liked and hopefully will be really nice for him with a longer commute now.  He also gets his own office at work, where before he shared with two other lecturers.
We went to a few more festivals before summer ends. The health fair at OSU was actually really fun. They had a picture scavenger hunt we could do and turn in for a prize besides all the normal fun stuff that makes it a festival. 
We also explored Homestead Park with the Larsen's, which is pretty close to us now. We are sad to live farther away from them, especially because they only have one more year in Columbus. The kids all get along perfectly and have lots of fun. This time scared me pretty bad though because the kids kept running back and forth between two places by a duck pond and I gave up following them back and forth because they went so many times.  One time, I was on the opposite side and looked over just as Brooklyn leaned over too far and fell face first in the water. Luckily, it was shallow enough on the edge that she was able to crawl over and pull herself out by the time I got there but it scared both of us pretty bad!  Then 2 minutes later,  Jonas did the same thing so these two cute naked babies got to hang out together :)
One Sunday, the girls asked if they could paint our faces.  Since we didn't want actual paint all over the place, we told them they could "paint" our faces with water. I was shocked at how long they were entertained by that and got us wet over and over again, pretending that they were painting our faces to look like different things. 
The girls started their new school!  We were so so happy to find a house in Hilliard Horizon boundaries. I knew right away that it would be a fantastic school.  Everything was so open and clean and nice. And they had the 4th and 5th graders buddy up with a Kindergartener and walk them out every day for the first couple months so they felt comfortable knowing where they were going. I was very happy that we found such a good place for these sweet girls! 
With probably very poor timing on my part with the girls just starting school, I finally felt like I was ready to get rid of Brooklyn's binky. She has loved the elephant and piggie books and I bought her a stuffed animal of each to help bribe her to give them up. I knew it was going to be hard because she loves her binky so much. When I told her she was a big girl and that it was time for her to get rid of her binkies, she looked up at me with those sweet brown eyes and just said, "Ok, but when me small again, me have it?" It seriously broke my heart and I was trying hard not to break down in front of her. It's so hard to accept the fact that I don't have a baby anymore!
We took the girls to the zoo for maybe our last time (although I've definitely said that before!).  Since we knew we wouldn't renew our pass this year, we took them on the dinosaur boat ride.  I think they were a little more freaked out than we thought they would be but I think they still liked it. 

No comments: