Saturday, January 26, 2013

Theme Night: Book Club

It feels like it has been way too long since we've had theme night.  With all the holiday craziness, who has time for anything else?  But now that Richard is back in school and we see him less and less, hopefully we can start putting more of these together to spend some good time with him. Kenna has recently flip-flopped and overnight it seemed like she went from not wanting to look at a book for more than 10 seconds, to wanting to read all day, every day.  It's super fun for me and I love this new stage! So we decided to do a theme that she would love- books!  We all put on our pajamas and built a fort in the living room. 
Then we told the girls about our favorite books and brought all of their favorite books to read by flashlight in our fort. 
It was a little snug, but we all fit in! As Kaylee would say, "one big happily family!"
After hearing about Richard's favorite book, Don Quijote, Richard and Kaylee decided they would act it out and took their "swords" to defeat the "mighty beast" who had overtaken our living room (aka our fort).  I got a great video, but Richard might kill me if I actually show it...so here is the only picture I took.
If you're thinking right now that Richard is a huge nerd, don't worry. That's exactly what I thought too :) But at least he and Kaylee had fun vanquishing their pretend foes.  Nothing better than a night together as a family!

4 comments:

Julie said...

I'm surprised Richard only told her about it. I'm sure he can't wait to pull out Don Quijote and read to it to Kaylee chapter by chapter. :-) Looks like such a fun night. We'll have to remember this one.

Greta Henricksen said...

So cute. I think you should've shown the video anyway.

Mary said...

What a great family activity. I love your fort and am so impressed that you could all fit inside. The first picture with Kenna and Kaylee is so especially darling. It is amazing how polar opposite they look, but are both gorgeous dolls. Fun, fun, fun!!!

Cheri said...

I love your theme nights. It is such a great idea. What a darling family you all are.