Sunday, September 30, 2012

Trip to IN

Since our trip was postponed due to our "fun" little hospital stint, we decided to head to Indiana this week instead!  The girl's did ok on the trip there, but not quite as good as I was hoping.  I'm pretty sure Kaylee asked me 10 THOUSAND times if we were STILL on the freeway.  I think I answered her very patiently for the first 9,000 times but patience can only last so long, right?  Ha ha. It was mostly rainy and dreary so we didn't go many places but I am totally ok with that.  After all, I'm going to see my sister, not explore the city.  And from what I could tell, I wouldn't want to explore much of Indianapolis anyway.  Everything I saw was pretty ghetto and definitely a step down from Columbus.  Don't worry, I'm still working hard on convincing them to come here next year instead!!!  We did make it to the Children's Museum, which was obviously designed by someone without children.  It is famous for being the biggest museum but they have SO much wasted space and half of the stuff is just behind glass for the kids to look at.  Hello?  Have you ever been around a kid who wanted to just stare at a car without climbing in, over, on, and around it?  For example, they had a dinosaur dig site. We thought the kids would love it so we made that our first stop.  
However the "dirt" is actually not diggable except in 2 or 3 tiny holes that you can barely dig in (everything around where Kaylee is sitting is rock hard and you couldn't do anything with it at all).  No wonder we were the only ones with little kids in the dino part!  Lame lame lame. Anyway we did find some fun things there like whatever this thing is:
And even though most of the cars were off limits, they did have this motorcycle you could get on, so how could we pass up a photo opportunity there?
Kenna was loving watching herself in the mirror. I guess when you are that cute, why bother finding other things to look at?  Here she is giving herself a big kiss
We also went to feed the ducks, which luckily for Kaylee went really good this time.  (Last time I took her to feed the ducks we were attacked by crazy geese and it ended by me chucking the bread, picking up Kaylee and running!  I didn't want her to be traumatized for life after that...) Good thing these ducks were nice!
And we definitely had some good cousin time
Most importantly though, I had a blast with my sister talking, laughing, spraying crumbs all over her car (guess you had to be there...), eating junk, watching movies, and trying to keep the kids busy.  Saying goodbye is always the worst!  But at least we know it won't be too long until we see her again.  As for Indianapolis....I think I could do without ever seeing that city again :)

4 comments:

Mary said...

Hey you aren't helping getting Holly to like something about Indianapolis:)!!! I am so glad you two had a good time together and that you all made it back home safe and sound. Looking forward to seeing both you and Holly and the kids in just over two weeks!! Wahoo!!

Pamela said...

I am so sad that you did not love the museum. We love that museum and think it is so amazing but because it is so big you do have to know where to spend your time depending on your childs age. My kids could spend all there day in the play scape room (the room designed for babies to 4 year olds) and they would be plum happy.

Greta Henricksen said...

I am glad that Kaylee got better and you could go have a little trip.

Cheri said...

I would have liked to see a video of the crazy geese that attacked and you running with Kaylee for your life. That would bring on some good laughter. It would be a new hit youtube video.