Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Anniversary!

Thursday was our 4 year anniversary. As you probably know by now, as much as he tries (and tries and tries!), Richard cannot surprise me. He decided to skip class and come home early to surprise me with flowers. He rode the bus home and was going to hurry and run to the store before I saw him. When he got off the bus, he saw that our window was closed so he jumped in the car and started driving off. At the exact moment he drove past our window, I opened the blinds and saw him driving away- what are the odds??  So I knew he had skipped class but didn't know where he was going. He ran to the store and accidentally locked the keys and his phone in the car and had to call me and have me come rescue him instead of coming home to surprise me with a bouquet of flowers. Poor guy! I still did get my flowers, which Kaylee quickly claimed as her own.
 After we picked him up, we went and walked around the Park of Roses where we went on a date last November.
 
 
     We really wanted a picture of the two of us and decided to see if Kaylee could take a picture of us.  After quite a few of these
she finally got us in the frame and was pretty excited about it.  
However, I think we created a monster because now anytime we bring the camera out she asks to take a picture by herself.  ~sigh~
It was beautiful but both girls were pretty grumpy so we didn't stay as long as we wanted to.  Then we dropped Kaylee off at our neighbor's house and went to the most un-romantic restaurant in the world because we are cheap and had a coupon. In fact, it was so un-romantic I am slightly embarrassed and won't even tell you where we went :) We have eaten there before and liked it but had to go to a different location and it was super ghetto and the food was gross. So we were pretty disappointed but it was still nice to go out together. We ended the night by watching The Vow, which is the first chick flick that I have liked in a really long time- wahoo!  It was an interesting day and we didn't do a lot of the things that we have tried to do on the other years, but all that mattered was that we spent the day together!  It has been an amazing four years and I am so glad I have this amazing man to spend eternity with!!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Poor Richard - he should get extra points for all of the effort he puts in trying to fool you! Glad you had a great day.

Mary said...

Even with all of the challenges you two had, it sounds like your anniversary celebration was much better than your birthday disaster!! Richard, you are a trooper to keep trying to surprise this girl who seems to have an uncanny knack for spoiling all of your efforts even though she claims she is innocent:)!!

kristi said...

That's IT! Now you HAVE to tell me the name of the restaurant!! What was it - McDonald's?? ha ha ha. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!