Sunday, April 1, 2012

Splashing Lot

What's better after a rainstorm than splashing in the puddles with friends? This was a very fun impromptu block party with all the kids getting soaking wet playing and laughing and stomping in the puddles.
 
  Luckily for them we had lots and lots of rain on account of a very big thunderstorm following our very first tornado warning. Having been sheltered in the Utah mountains my whole life, let me tell you- I was terrified!  I had no idea what we were supposed to do and was freaking out a little bit.  Luckily we made it through and after the tornado sirens stopped, we came upstairs to watch the rain pour down in sheets.  It even started hailing, with pieces of ice the size of marbles. 
  I love watching the rain and we have amazing thunderstorms here but unfortunately that also means we've had two tornado warnings since then.  I will definitely not miss that when we move away....in 3 or 4 years.  But the good news is that it made me realize how very unprepared we are and has motivated me to start getting more serious about emergency preparedness.  And in the meantime, we'll keep finding puddles to splash away in :)

3 comments:

Julie said...

I would LOVE to be out in one of those rainstorms, minus the tornado possibility of course. Those hailstones are huge! Hope your car was covered during that one.

Holly said...

AAhh! I would be freaking out with the tornado sirens. Glad it was just a warning and you didn't have to worry about the real deal.

Mary said...

That is so cute to see all of the kinds enjoying the after affects of the storms so much. Those warnings are terrifying. I had no idea you were moving to a tornado area or I wouldn't have let you go:)!! Hope you never have to experience the real thing.