Thursday, April 12, 2012

Kaylee Turns 2!

I am a little behind on blogging...Kaylee turned 2 last month! I can't believe she is already such a big girl. To start off her big day, we headed to the zoo. It was HOT but we still had tons of fun. This zoo is amazing and has just about every animal you can think of but when we asked Kaylee what animals she wanted to see, the only one she said was giraffe.  And of course that is the one animal they don't have.  But she got over that quick and we enjoyed our time at the zoo.  We got a good picture of her at our very first animal stop (flamingos)
 but after that she was bouncing all over the place and we didn't get very many others. 
 
However, I think Kaylee could have stayed at this fish tank, looking for the shark, the entire day. She loves to watch the fish almost more than anything else, which is funny because I think they are the most boring!
That night, the plan was to get all of her friends together at the park and have a very low-key party with cupcakes while the kids played on the playground. However it ended up being a lot more low-key than I even expected!  More than half of our guests ended up not being able to come at the last minute so I made a LOT of cupcakes for a very small party. But Riker came, so that was all Kaylee really cared about (see last post).
 
The day didn't turn out exactly how I wanted it to be, but Kaylee had fun all day plus got a bunch of new loot to play with in the days to come so that makes me a happy mom.  
We love this beautiful, smart, funny, AMAZING little girl!!!

2 comments:

Cheri said...

What a fun birthday, going to the zoo. We had a poor turnout for Carter's bday also. We invited six kids and only two showed up. Now I know why they have rsvp on the invites. Not that it helps much since no one really pays attention to it.

Greta Henricksen said...

She is such a precious doll. I am so happy she enjoyed her special day.