Thursday, December 23, 2010

Barf Bag For One, Please

There a few things I wondered about how I would handle when I had my own child.  Like cleaning up another person's vomit, finding marker drawings all over the wall, or waking up to find poop creations all over the crib, stuffed animals, and books (which actually happened to my sister).  One thing I never thought of before was discovering things that my child would eat without knowing that they are, in fact, not edible.  The other day I thought Kaylee was chewing on something.  I tried to poke around in her mouth to see what it was but couldn't see anything. She gnaws on her tongue quite often so I figured maybe that's all she was doing.  However, after a few minutes, she was getting frustrated that she couldn't chew and swallow whatever it was and so she pulled it out to examine it.  I glanced over and saw her pull out a fingernail clipping!!!  I almost threw up on the spot.  This almost tempted me to bump up my weekly vacuuming job to once or twice a day just to avoid that again.  Can't wait to see what she'll try to eat next...

3 comments:

Holly said...

That is soooo nasty. UGH!

Greta Henricksen said...

Yeah, that is pretty sick!
At least it wasn't a bug!!!

Cheri said...

The fun part, as you eluded to is that is only the beginning. As we were driving home from the wedding, Isaac took off his shoes and was licking the water off of them from the snow.