Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pumpkin Carving

I wonder who first thought of pumpkin carving?  Whoever it is was a genius. I love pumpkin carving so much (even though I'm not very good at it...). We decided to just get one pumpkin this year and each carve a side of it at the same time.  It was a little tricky trying to carve at the same time the other person is jostling the pumpkin while they carve, but it made it more fun.  We bought a pumpkin carving kit after Halloween last year for $.50 and have been waiting all year to use it!  It was definitely worth the price we paid :)  I thought this monster was super cute and Richard made fun of me for choosing to carve a scary Halloween monster because I thought he was cute!  
 Richard did a mummy that was really hard but he did a great job on it.  
We might go get another pumpkin before Halloween because we loved carving so much.  (Plus, I burned the seeds from the first pumpkin so I have to get another pumpkin and redeem myself so that we can have our traditional yummy pumpkin seeds).  Hmmm...what should I carve this time?

No comments: