Thursday, April 8, 2010

Walkin' On Sunshine

I never really liked walking- I always preferred running to get wherever I needed to go. Walking just seems like it takes so long and I swear I get more tired walking than I do running. But in the last few weeks I've realized how amazing walking is. When I'm in a bad mood, it cheers me up (gotta love those endorphins). When I feel like the walls are closing in, it allows me to escape. When I've got a lot on my mind, it lets me think things over and clear my head. When I have a little one who needs to be calmed down, walking knocks her out. When I want to be out enjoying the BEAUTIFUL weather we have today, walking lets me do it! I think my attitude about walking has done a complete 180 and I'm sure I'll be doing a TON of it this summer. Can't wait!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Today was PERFECT walking weather, wasn't it! You must really be DuVall after all :)

kristi said...

I can remember doing that every day with Logan - for the EXACT same reasons that you say. Glad you're enjoying it so much!