Sunday, October 4, 2009

Park City

What is better than staying in Park City for a night? Staying in Park City for FREE! We won a free night stay at the Marriott and were thrilled to be able to use it last weekend. We mostly just used the time to relax but had a great time too. We headed up on Friday night and went out to dinner and then went down to the pool to play for a little while. Then I was so tired that we ended up just watching a movie in the hotel room- poor Richard has to be so patient with me!! The bed was HUGE, especially compared to our double at home. But we decided that we can't sleep on nice beds with big fluffy pillows because neither one of us slept. I guess we're too used to our small pillows and lumpy mattress :) The next morning we went down and were trying to decide what to do about breakfast. I always have to get something to eat FAST when I wake up, but the prices at the hotel restaurant were very expensive. We were debating about whether or not to just go ahead and spend a little more than we normally would when this man walked up to us and handed us a coupon for 2 free breakfast buffets at the hotel restaurant, telling us that he had an extra one. It was such an amazing unexpected blessing for us! We saw him a little bit later and thanked him for his generous gift and all he said was, I have a 50% off coupon for dinner tonight if you want that too! Wow- sometimes it amazes me how nice people can be. After a delicious and filling breakfast, we went to Main St and just walked around looking at all the shops and bought some yummy treats from the Rocky Mtn Chocolate Factory.
Making a new friend
We ended our "vacation" by going to the outlet stores and getting new coats, a new purse for me, and a new shirt for Richard. All in all it was a great trip, and you can't beat a free stay in a nice hotel!!

4 comments:

Holly said...

Ha ha. I laughed out loud at your moose picture. I was not expecting it :-). Does Rocky Mtn still have that bear up front? I used to love to hug that thing.

Oh, and you're seriously still sleeping in the double bed? Kell, you will need to try our king when you come to visit. You'll never go back.

Holly said...

PS. Love the Halloween blog. It is so cute!

Jennifer said...

Hey Kelli -- It's Jenn... your sister-in-law. That was probably pretty obvious, but oh well.

I stumbled here and I thought I'd leave you a little note. This way you can stalk Michael and I too ;)

kristi said...

ha ha - the moose pic was awesome! Hope you got some great chocolate... yeah- is that bear still there? What a great little va-cay!!!