Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Birthday Wishes

Richard's bday was last Friday which means for the last couple weeks I have been STRESSED. I never feel like I can plan well enough or think of activities that are fun enough or get a present that is good enough. So I stress and fret beforehand about what to do and then worry after that it wasn't the best birthday ever. This birthday I was trying to think of something REALLY fun to do since this will be his last bday without kids. But then I watched him stress like crazy over school and decided that more than anything, he just needed to relax for his bday. First, I got up early and made him breakfast and gave him his present. He warned me not to get him a present since we technically got our bikes as the present for both of our bdays. But I cheated and bought him just a little present- one he has been waiting for for a long time. His own copy of Don Quijote! (All in Spanish of course). I think opening that was definitely the best part of his day. Then, during lunch, I snuck home and decorated the house with some balloons and signs and bought him his favorite treat instead of getting a cake this year. (Funny side note, Richard walked in and didn't notice ANY of the decorations even though they were right in front of him! He first saw a note that I had written him on the table and it said something about the decorations and he was like, what is she talking about?) That night, we went to Goodwood for some delicious BBQ (not that I could eat much of it.... but Richard told me it was delicious!) Then we headed over to Trafalga to play some mini golf. We must have worn each other out because we came home and took a nap... not what some would call a good bday activity but I think we both really needed it! And then we went over to the movie theater to watch Transformers 2. If nothing else, I at least put the effort in to make it as enjoyable as possible and most importantly- we were together!

Serious mini golfer
Can you tell he likes his present from his big cheeser?!?

Blowing out the candles on his treat. 2 candles on one side and 6 on the other :)

2 comments:

kristi said...

Random question... why is he wearing three different shirts in these pictures?? ha ha. Sounds like a great bday. (Especially the nap part!!) :)

Mary said...

You said that you didn't do much for his birthday, but it sounds like you did a ton of activities all day long. I want that kind of "relaxing" birthday the next time I have one!! Glad it was a great day for both of you!!