Monday, February 23, 2009

Smooth Talkers

If any of you have been watching/ reading the news, I'm sure you've heard about the nine year old who wrote a book called How To Talk To Girls. I guess some of his tips have been rubbing off on the younger generation who think they know everything about girls now :) Tonight Richard and I went swimming at the Rec Center where we got free passes from his work (which has been awesome!). A kid who was about ten walked past me on his way to the diving board. After he passed, he turned around and said to me, "You're pretty!" It caught me off guard and I just said, "ummm thanks?" and he walked away. I was trying REALLY hard not to laugh! Needless to say, even a compliment from a ten year old made me feel pretty good :) However, later Richard and I started swimming laps and I passed that kid a second time and once again he looked at me and said, "you're pretty!". Only this time, instead of being flattered I began to be a little creeped out by this confident little Don Juan! I thought Richard would step up and tell the little guy to back off but he didn't hear his "original" one-liners either time! Next time we go to the pool, he'll have to watch my back more closely!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

aaahhh... the blog is overrun by clovers!

And if you don't mind... I'm gonna steal that line for tomorrow. Thanks. Clever little creepy kid.

Jeni said...

Come on... can you blame him? I'll bet Richard will make sure the wedding ring comes swimming too!

kristi said...

Matt's comment of "clever little creepy kid" made me laugh really hard!! :) What's so wrong with having a boy think you're cute?? :) YOU ARE!!!