Sunday, March 24, 2019

Feb 2019

The polar vortex brought lots of snow and even more cold!  Luckily our fireplace helped us keep things nice and warm inside.  School was canceled for three days in a row and that was after the kids had already been sick for days (in fact, Brooklyn had thrown up for the first time in her life the same weekend we were supposed to have dinner with two different families. Bad timing!).  I hadn't even left the house for a week at that point and was going a little crazy!  But the girls didn't seem to mind and came up with a lot of fun things to do.  They had seen a challenge on YouTube where they stay in one room for 24 hours and don't leave except to go to the bathroom.  They wanted to try it and the first day they did a 5 hour challenge up in our room and the next day they were thrilled to hear that school had been canceled again so they did a 12 hour challenge and stayed in the living room all day long!  We also ventured out into the cold to play in the snow a few times and ate lots of snow with flavoring.
 We did a babysitting swap with a family in our ward and the girls could not get enough of the little baby boy.  I felt bad for the other two kids who had to play by themselves because I couldn't tear these kids away from the baby!  Too bad they don't have any younger cousins around to spoil!
Sometimes I feel guilty that I don't do as many Pinterest type stuff with Brooklyn as I did with my older kids. But I finally did one of our favorites with her- baking soda and vinegar painting.  She loved it!  We'll have to do it more often. 
We found a new van we liked and took the plunge.  It was hard to say goodbye to a van that felt like it was still working great but hopefully this van will be a good blessing to us and last a lot longer. 
I love finding the kids sleeping in crazy positions.  Brooklyn hasn't been too crazy of a sleeper but I loved finding her sprawled out like this one night. Hopefully she doesn't take up this much of the bed as she gets older and needs to share it with a spouse!  Ha ha
I love how much our girls love the library and reading.  I guess it was destined to happen with two parents who both love reading.  As soon as we get home from the library, this is the view I always see and I love it so much!  They both devour any amount of books we get and they go off in a whole new world, usually not even responding when we call their name.  Ha ha!  Hopefully this will bless them their whole lives.  
Richard and Brooklyn sat down to read some books and this is what I found a few minutes later.  Apparently they were not as enthralled as Kaylee and Kenna were ;)

No comments: